Wednesday 9 February 2011

MinnieMe4PJM’s Account of Park JungMin's Busan Fan Sign

Feb 9, 2011

I’m on the KTX train writing my story because 1) I’m afraid I’ll forget if I don’t write it out while its still fresh in my mind and 2) my heart is too heavy and sad to sleep. My heart is always that way after I leave my JungMinnie. :(

Before heading to KTX station, I bought some steamed gogi mondoo to enjoy for lunch. While eating, I watched the Korean Drama with JoKwon from 2AM. It was funny. While at the station an interesting thing happened. While applying my make-up, a man walked into the woman’s restroom. This is interesting because it happened to me just the day AT THE SAME station. Hmmm... I know what you are thinking. YES, I was in the CORRECT restroom.

I boarded my train at 12:35 and studied Korean for the first hour, then tried to nap the second hour. We arrived at Busan station about 10 minutes late. I had to ask how to get to the subway station, but other than that I had NO problems getting around. Thanks to Lois @HappyBoys_SS501 for providing me with great directions and a fabulous map!

I arrived on the 9th floor of ShinSaeGae Department store and first asked the customer service desk if they spoke English. They said I needed to go back to the 1st floor. Well since I knew the fan sign was on the 9th floor I didn’t want to go ALL the way back down so I was smart and said “Park JungMin fan sign.” To which they understood and a woman led me where I needed to go. I get my ticket and then walked around trying to find something to do to kill the time.

I found a Starbucks. SCORE!!! I can FINALLY use the certificate I won at the church’s ice breaker drawing. While enjoying my Chai Tea Latte, I did some creative writing. After wards, I went to The Face Shop and bought some things there. Then at 5pm I went back upstairs since I didn’t know what time the doors would open and the fan sign started at 6pm.

Between 5:45 and 6, I heard the young girls gasp and squeal ... yup ... you guessed it ... JungMinnie was arriving on the escalator. Shortly after they let us go in to the hall. I was pleasantly surprised that my ticket sat me IN THE FRONT ROW!!! Lois, I’ll NEVER be able to repay you. Hugs and air 뽀뽀!

Min must have arrived a bit late because the fan sign did not start until about 6:10pm. A man, who I believe is his manager, walked out on stage to talk to the staff. He then got on his phone and then the lights start dimming and went out. Then the Not Alone music video starts to play. The music was so loud the seats and floor were vibrating. After the video ends, Min comes out to greet us. He had some mic problems at first. Then 45 seconds later (only know because its timed on my video) he stops speaking and the fan sign begins. My row was first. SCORE!!! I prepared what I wanted Min to write to me and set it on top of a post-it note that said “Can I hug you?” in Korean and in English. However, I didn’t hide it very well because when the staff member rotated my CD the way I should hand it to Min he saw it and said “No.” I sighed and said “It’s okay”, but on the inside I’m screaming “BUT SEOUL GOT TO...THIS IS SO NOT FAIR!!!” When I got to Min he smiled and chuckled at my shirt. (I was wearing the special shirt that Kat made for me that says “Oh my goodness, oh my soul I love Park JungMin” with his picture right in the middle. He then asked me questions in English: Where are you from? How old are you? To which I answered “uh…secret” and He said “Ahhhhh TOP secret.” Then in Korean he asked me if I could speak Korean and I responded back in Korean “I’m sorry but I only speak a little.” To which he responded in Korean “that’s okay.” He shook my hands twice. His hands are soft and strong with a firm hand shake. Before I knew it my conversation and moment with him were over. I was disappointed I didn’t get a hug, but content with what I did get. I sat back down in my seat and took more pictures and observed others. There was a girl dressed like a tiger; a girl who complained about a run in her hose ONE TOO many times; a girl who attempted AND SUCCEEDED in getting another autograph after she had already been up there WITH THE SAME CD; and a few who just went for the hug AND GOT IT!!! Man oh day!!! Why am I always the one who follows the rules??? I should have just gone for it. Oh well, I showed my love through my shirt and my Valentine’s Day card that I gave to him. One of the girls who hugged him also did some of the dance to Not Alone. The fans really showed him their love by bringing gifts. He got a lot of Vitamin Water and Perrier. After one of the signings, a girl dropped her album onto the floor...as it was already falling apart but the CD and everything fell out. Min looked very concerned and worried that maybe the CD had also broke, but I don’t think it did.

I stayed until about 8:15pm. Before I left, I could tell that Min was getting tired and bored. The bright smile had dimmed and the hand waves were getting less expressive, but he was still very kind and tried not to show his exhaustion. He also stretched a bit. After sitting in the same position hunched over to sign autographs, I’m sure his back was hurting. My poor baby...need me to massage your shoulders and back??? I'll gladly do it and you won't even have to pay me. I hear I give good massages...wink...wink.

Any who...the reason I left because I had to go to the loo REAL bad and I was worried that I’d miss my train back. Well little did I know I DID miss my train. The 24 hour time thing confuses me a lot sometimes. Why is America so spoiled and have to have things be so different from everyone else??? So I bought a ticket for 20:00 (8:00pm) thinking it was for 10:00pm. So after getting fast food, which I didn’t want but all I could find, I realized my mistake when I saw the clock reading 21:xx. I was sure the clock was wrong until I figured up my mistake in my head. So I had to go change my ticket and end up paying a little more to get it changed. At first I was kicking myself for leaving the fan sign early because I arrived to the station with an hour to spare, but after that mess I was happy I had that extra time.

Observation on the way home on KTX...there were people at the golf cages golfing at 10:42pm. How can they see that late at night??? Why were they even there that late of a night??? Hmmm...seems crazy but then again maybe not

Well that is my account in a nut shell. Hope I didn’t leave anything out.

Grace and Peace,
Amanda (MinnieMe4PJM)

1 comment:

  1. ommmoooo!!!!!!
    i just love u Amanda!!
    u're superb n rock as PJM!!
    cant wait to see the photos uploaded!!!!
    go!go!go!!! O_O

    ReplyDelete